Veneto – A flavourful bite of Italy’s North East
A short tour to introduce you to some of the many treasures Italy has to offer. A light menu that might entice you to crave for more.
VERONA, the city of Romeo and Juliet; MANTUA, one of the Renaissance pearls; PADUA “the erudite” with one of the oldest universities in the world that has been active since 1288 and the unique magical VENICE with its lagoon and islands.
Like any of our Tours it can be shortened or extended. For the latter option, we invite you to have a look at all our Tours which, either partially or totally could be added to this tour.
We invite you also to check our list of 1 extra day options and additional activities that are offered with each tour (extra cost to be advised upon request).
After visiting Italy’s beauties, if you might be interested in continuing your trip to Israel please bear in mind that we have a strong partnership with GO ASIA tour operator (https://www.goasia.it/destinazioni/israele/).
LOCATIONS INCLUDED IN THE TOUR:
Verona; Mantua; Padua; Venice and its surrounding islands.
ELEMENTS OF INTEREST INCLUDED IN THE TOUR:
3)Shopping: anywhere you will be visiting plus also see option 5 in the “additional options” section.
Arrival in Milano Malpensa, transfer to Verona, check-in at the hotel and guided tour of the city. We will start by visiting the main attractions of the Old Town such as the ancient Roman Arena, located in Piazza Bra and the Basilica di San Zeno Maggiore. Packed lunch; then we will continue our visit to Piazza delle Erbe, the Loggia del Consiglio, the house of Romeo and Juliet and the Synagogue of Verona, one of the biggest in Northern Italy with its fascinating building of rare beauty which has preserved the original furniture and decorations of the nineteenth century in their entirety. Return to the hotel in the evening, dinner and overnight stay.
Breakfast at the hotel and departure for Mantua, one of the Renaissance pearls. Arrival and meeting with the tour guide. We will see the Bridge and the Castle of San Giorgio, Piazza Sordello (Duomo and Palazzo Ducale), the Scientific Theatre, Piazza delle Erbe. Visit to the Jewish ghetto and the Synagogue. The Jewish community of Mantua is one of the most ancient and important in Italy. The Synagogue Norsa-Torrazzo takes its name from one of the oldest Jewish families of Mantua: the Norsas. This Synagogue, a national monument, is the only surviving representative of six Synagogues that were a part of the Jewish life of Mantua. Lunch at the local kosher restaurant. Return to Verona in the evening, dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
Breakfast at the hotel. Departure to Padua “the erudite”. After checking in the hotel the tour will start from Via VIII Febbraio reaching the University, one of the oldest in the world established in 1222, where, depending on their availability at the time of our tour, we will visit the magnificent Palazzo Bo with its “anatomical theatre”, the Galileo Galilei’s Aula Magna, the “Hall of the forty” and the Aula di Medicina where the first lectures on medicine where originally given, then pass through Piazza delle Erbe, the ancient market square where open markets are still held, Palazzo della Ragione, the Duomo, Piazza dei Signori and Prato della Valle. We will end our tour in Padua in the area that used to border the ancient Jewish ghetto where Jews were forced to live from the Seventeenth century until the arrival of Napoleon in 1797. Here we will visit the Jewish Museum and the Padua Synagogue, the only currently operating in Padua (the Jewish community of Padua currently has about 200 members).
Before taking the bus to Venice we will have a “coffee break” at the old and charming Pedrocchi caffé, the best place in Padua to have an Italian coffee. Then we will head to Venice: Kosher dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Breakfast at the hotel. In the morning an early start will take us to the Jewish Ghetto, the first ever to be established in Europe. The term “Ghetto” comes from the Venetian word “gheto” which in the local dialect means “foundry” many of which were found close to where the Ghetto was established. Nowadays it is a lively and busy district of the city where we can still find the Jewish religious and administrative institutions and five old Synagogues, some of which can be still visited. Lunch at one of the two kosher restaurants in the Ghetto. Afternoon spent touring the city. We will admire Piazza San Marco where we can find the famous Basilica and the unique Bell Tower; the Ponte di Rialto and the Scala del Bovolo. In the evening, following dinner at the hotel, we will enjoy a walk through the picturesque calli, the typical Venetian winding and narrow alleys along the canals crossed by many little bridges.
Breakfast at the hotel. Boat tour to islands of Murano, Torchiello, Burano and Lido. These islands are the gems of Venice lagoon. Murano with a secular glass manufacturing tradition where will visit also an active furnace where the glass is made, Burano with its colourful houses, Torchiello with so many historical findings and finally the Lido beloved by so many poets and artists (Thomas Mann and Byron just to mention two), its lovely white beaches, liberty villas and hosting every year the world famous Venice film Festival will give you an unforgettable day through art, history and traditions. Packed lunch. We will come back to the hotel in the evening for dinner and overnight.
Breakfast at the hotel, transfer to the airport of Venice for the flight back.
Tariff per person, starting from:
|Departure||2 participants||4 participants||6 participants|
|From 1 January 2023 to 31 December 2023||€ 3,500||€ 2,450||€ 2,000|
OPTIONAL EXPERIENCES (we are open to satisfy any additional request you might have):
1) VICENZA, the amazing and noble city of the late Renaissance, architect Palladio will astonish you with its beauty (night in Verona or Venice);
2) Quaint SIRMIONE and the gorgeous LAKE GARDA to be enjoyed by boat (night in Verona);
3) GARDALAND, MOVIELAND, (near Sirmione) – amusement parks on LAKE GARDA for children and adults– (night in Verona);
4) Tour of the quaint hamlets of VALEGGIO SUL MINCIO, BORGHETTO AND CASTELLARO LAGUSELLO where time seems to have stopped (night in Verona);
5) MILAN: the world fashion and design capital, with its own unique flavour, beautiful and glamorous – sightseeing and shopping;
6) FERRARA (night in Verona): together with Mantua another Renaissance pearls which hosts also the new and beautiful MEIS Jewish museum, one of the largest in Europe;
7) SONCINO: visit one of the oldest Jewish printing presses dating back to 1480, its hamlet and castle, the set of many Hollywood movies;
8) Concert or Opera at the VERONA Roman Arena or at MILAN’s “La Scala” Theatre;
9) Bike tour along LAKE GARDA;
10) Shopping in a fashion outlet OR in MILAN’s fashion district;
11) Go karts/Quads/Surfing or Sailing on the LAKE GARDA;
1) IN/OUT city of Venice LUXURY PACKAGE with private boat and personal assistant: € 450 total cost. We highly recommend this solution to have a private assistant and boat that will make easier and more comfortable the arrival to your hotel in Venice and the departure from the hotel to Venice airport, that you will reach through the sea. This way you will avoid the crowds in public transportation, also avoiding to walk with your luggage up and down bridges and throughout the alleys;
2) KOSHER MEALS: starting from 460€ per person. Full-board with kosher certified pre-packaged meals, throughout the whole trip.
The tariff includes
The tariff does not include
Duration: 9 days / 8 nights
from € 2800
Duration: 10 days / 9 nights
from € 3400
Duration: 17 days / 16 nights
from € 5590
This iconic and wonderful city includes within its boundaries one of the largest ghettos ever built which can be defined almost as a city within the city. The ghetto is part of one of the Venetian districts called “Sestiere di Cannaregio” – “Sestiere” from the Italian word “sesto” meaning one sixth – in which many […]
The Jewish Communities of the Marche region, located along the eastern Adriatic coast of Italy, have a very old history, though not many Jewish heritage sites are left today. Our itinerary will take you through a region that was at the centre of the Papacy’s temporal power and of all the struggles, alliances, and their […]