“A MAJESTIC GRANDTOUR ACROSS NORTHERN ITALY”: from our tasting menu of North Italy, this tour is the ultimate highlight, the most diversified choice to please all your curiosities and to stimulate all your senses. You will retrace the steps of Goethe, Byron, Stendhal and experience the iconic landscapes of the “Grand Tours” of the 18th and 19th centuries that inspired many more great European writers, composers, philosophers and artists before reaching the splendours of the Italian Art Cities.
VERONA, the city of Romeo and Juliet; MANTUA and FERRARA two of the Renaissance pearls; SABBIONETA included in the UNESCO World Heritage Sites as a perfect example of Renaissance urban planning; PADUA “the erudite” with one of the oldest universities in the world still active since 1288; the uniquely magical VENICE, with its lagoon and archipelago and where the first Jewish “ghetto” was established; small and secluded hamlets that seem frozen in time and where Jewish life used to thrive; quaint SIRMIONE lying on the shores of LAKE GARDA where its natural beauty can be enjoyed while gazing out at some of the most famous Italian landscapes or taking a dip into recent history ( Mussolini had his headquarters here after Italy’s armistice in 1943); MILAN, the most cosmopolitan Italian city and fashion capital of the world, with its own unique charm, beauty and glamour; the royal glories of PIEDMONT with its incredibly rich Jewish heritage ; the unique charm and beauty of Lake COMO which even Hollywood stars find irresistible; the magnificence of the DOLOMITE Alps, by many considered the most beautiful mountains in the world.
Like any of our tours this trip can be shortened or extended. For the latter option, we invite you to have a look at all our tours which, either partially or totally can be added to this tour.
We invite you to also check our list of additional tour options and activities that are offered with each tour at an extra cost to be advised upon request.
After visiting Italy’s beauties, if you might be interested in continuing your trip to Israel please bear in mind that we have a strong partnership with GO ASIA tour operator (https://www.goasia.it/destinazioni/israele/).
LOCATIONS INCLUDED IN THE TOUR:
Verona, Mantua, Sabbioneta, Pomponesco, Ferrara, Padova, Venice, Sirmione and the Garda Lake, Dolomite Alps, Milan, Turin, Biella, Vercelli, Casale Monferrato, Lake Como.
ELEMENTS OF INTEREST:
3)”Minor Italy”: places off the main tourist map, but that are worth visiting for their beauty and their typical Italian characteristics and atmosphere;
4)Nature and landscapes;
5)World War II;
Tariff per person, starting from:
|Departure||2 participants||4 participants||6 participants|
|From 1 January 2022 to 31 December 2022||€ 10,450||€ 7,450||€ 6,300|
OPTIONAL EXPERIENCES (we are open to satisfy any additional request you might have):
1) VENICE AND ITS ISLANDS by boat (CHIOGGIA, MURANO, BURANO, TORCHIELLO, the LIDO: experience Venice from the seaside and visit some of its charming and picturesque islands where one can admire the local craftsmanship and also buy the famous Murano Glass on the Murano Island and the Burano lacework on the Burano Island;
2) VICENZA, the amazing and noble city of the late Renaissance, architect Palladio will astonish you with its beauty (night in Verona or Venice);
3) GARDALAND, MOVIELAND, (near Sirmione) – amusement parks on LAKE GARDA for children and adults– (night in Verona);
4) Tour of the quaint hamlets of VALEGGIO SUL MINCIO, BORGHETTO AND CASTELLARO LAGUSELLO where time seems to have stopped (night in Verona);
5) BERGAMO and VILLAGGIO CRESPI D’ADDA: discover these two charming towns only 45 minutes from Milan, the beautiful medieval city of upper Bergamo and the ideal workers’ village built by the Crespi family nearby their factory along the ADDA river banks (night in Milan);
6) SONCINO: visit one of the oldest Jewish printing presses dating back to 1480, its hamlet and old castle, the set of many Hollywood movies (night in Milan);
7) PORTOFINO, RAPALLO, SANTA MARGHERITA AND PORTO VENERE: a flavour of the famous and gorgeous Italian Riviera (night in Milano);
8) Concert or Opera at the VERONA Roman Arena or at the “La Scala” Theatre in MILAN;
9) Bicycle tour along LAKE GARDA;
10) Italian cooking class;
11) Shopping in a fashion outlet (night in Verona or Milan) OR in MILAN fashion district (night in Milan);
12) Hike on a trail on the mountains surrounding LAKE COMO belonging to the network “Routes to safety” used during WW2 by smugglers to smuggle Jews to safety from Italy to Switzerland; hikes on the ALPS (night in Milan);
13) Go karts/Quads/Surfing or Sailing on the lake Como or Garda.
KOSHER MEALS: starting from 1.550€ per person. Full-board with kosher certified pre-packaged meals, throughout the whole trip.
The tariff includes
The tariff does not include
Duration: 9 days / 8 nights
from € 2800
Duration: 10 days / 9 nights
from € 3400
Duration: 17 days / 16 nights
from € 5590
Milan never had a stable Jewish community mostly because for many centuries Jews were banned from the city until about the end of the XVIII century, when the first significative afflux of Jews from other parts of Italy and Europe took place. This continued until today, making Milano the 2nd largest Italian Jewish Community after […]
This city, laying on one side along the Ionian sea and the other side at the bottom of the Etna vulcano, the highest active vulcano in Europe, has, in the midst of its beautifull historic down town area also a “Giudecca” (easy to understand the ethimological origin of this word), as the ghetto areas were […]