Emilia Romagna and Marche, two regions, many different worlds
With this tour you will discover two regions still relatively unknown outside of Italy and their many attractions which will surprise you for their beauty, rich history, art treasures and impressive Jewish heritage locations.
After a day visiting the beautiful and glamorous MILAN, we will venture into EMILIA ROMAGNA, the homeland of world famous Italian delicacies such as the Parmesan cheese and Balsamic Vinegar and home to supercar legends like Ferrari, Maserati and Lamborghini. It is a region full of art cities, lovely hamlets and landscapes. The city BOLOGNA, is home to one of the world oldest universities still active since 1088. Bologna houses the world’s oldest Torah scroll and impressive Jewish heritage locations. EMILIA ROMAGNA has the oldest sovereign Republic in the world–– the tiny SAN MARINO (abt 23 sq. miles), RAVENNA, ancient capital richly decorated by byzantine mosaics, PARMA with its stunning Duomo Square as well as art and music attractions, and places like FOSSOLI and MARZABOTTO worth visiting for their significance in relation to tragic events in WW2.
From Emilia Romagna we will then move to the MARCHE, a small and beautiful region which was at the heart of the pontifical owned territories which explains fully well the vicissitudes of the local Jewish communities. Here we will be visiting many of its sites included in the Unesco’s Heritage List: medieval and Renaissance villages and towns surrounded by lovely landscapes such as JESI, FERMO and URBINO, secluded Jewish heritage sites like MONTEGIORGIO and natural wonders like the FRASASSI caves and the CONERO Riviera.
Like any of our Tours it can be shortened or extended. For the latter option we invite you to have a look at all our Tours which, either partially or totally could be added to this tour.
We invite you also to check our list of 1 EXTRA DAY OPTIONS and ADDITIONAL ACTIVITIES that are offered with each tour (extra cost to be advised upon request).
After visiting Italy’s beauties, if you might be interested in continuing your trip to Israel please bear in mind that we have a strong partnership with GO ASIA tour operator (https://www.goasia.it/destinazioni/israele/).
LOCATIONS INCLUDED IN THE TOUR:
Bologna; Soragna; Parma; Modena; Fossoli; Marzabotto; Castel Del Rio; Ravenna; San Marino; Gradara; Ancona; Urbino; Pesaro; Grotte di Frasassi: Jesi; Sirolo; Moresco; Fermo; Montegiorgio.
ELEMENTS OF INTEREST INCLUDED IN THE TOUR:
3)”Minor Italy”: places off the beaten path, but that are worth visiting for their beauty and their typical Italian characteristics and atmosphere;
4)Nature and landscapes;
5)World War II;
Tariff per person, starting from:
|Departure||2 participants||4 participants||6 participants|
|From 1 January 2022 to 31 December 2022||€ 5,900||€ 4,000||€ 3,300|
OPTIONAL EXPERIENCES (we are open to satisfy any additional request you might have):
1) For Opera and Giuseppe Verdi lovers a trip to his lovely home town Busseto;
2) VISIT TO MANTUA or FERRARA (1 day each): two Renaissance pearls who had once flourishing Jewish communities. Ferrara also hosts the MEIS, one of the largest Jewish museums in Europe;
3) VISIT TO VERONA, city of Romeo and Juliet
4) GARDALAND or MIRABILANDIA (one day each), amusement parks the first on Lake Garda, the latter near Ravenna, with attractions for both children and adults;
5) Visit to beautiful Osimo and its incredible underground city dating 2,500 years;
6) Do you fancy anything else ? We can probably satisfy your request.
7) Concert or opera at the Verona Roman arena OR at the world renown La Scala Theater in Milan OR at the Giuseppe Verdi’s Busseto hometown theatre OR at the magnificent Teatro Regio in Parma (all in season);
8) Visit to the Ferrari factory and museum with the possibility of a drive test; 9) Visit to the Lamborgini factory and museum with the possibility also of visiting its assembly line; 10) Shopping spree in a brand outlet;
11) GO KARTS/QUADS/BICYCLING/SURFING OR SAILING ON THE LAKE/PAINT BALL
12) A day hiking on the magic Sibillini Mountains where nature, history and mistery meet;
13) Concert or opera at the one of the theaters visited during our tour in the Marche: Theater Gioacchino Rossini in Pesaro, Theater Pergolesi in Jesi and Theater dell’Aquila in Fermo (all in season);
KOSHER MEALS: starting from 1.100€ per person. Full-board with kosher certified pre-packaged meals, throughout the whole trip.
The tariff includes
The tariff does not include
Duration: 9 days / 8 nights
from € 2800
Duration: 13 days / 12 nights
from € 2730
Duration: 5 days / 4 nights
from € 1150
Alatri is a small town, but with a very rich and long history. It has megalithic walls whose origins are lost in time, an incredible Etruscan necropoli and throughout its existence it has known the Roman domination, the barbaric invasions and, at the time of the Church temporal power, the strugles between the Papacy and […]
Vercelli is one of Piedmont’s nine provinces, the region of origin of the Italian Royal house of the Savoia. The earliest written traces of a Jewish presence in Vercelli date back to 1466. They were engaged in jobs usually allowed to Jews at that time, including money lending following a license provided by the Savoia […]